Code of Ethics
As per the order of the Supreme Court of India (PTT(c) 656/1998), the act against ragging has been implemented in the Institution. Ragging the students has been banned. If the institution comes to know of ragging by any student directly or indirectly, it will immediately suspend the student from the Institution since ragging is a punishable offence.
All ragging activities done against an individual either directly or indirectly, by gestures, acts and by writing will be deemed as punishable offence.
Adverse effects of Ragging: loss of education and employment opportunity, being treated as an offender by the society and three years rigorous imprisonment.
List of Punishments given to the students who indulge in ragging:
- 1. Their admission will be cancelled.
- 2. They will be suspended from the classes.
- 3. Scholarship, co-operative and other miscellaneous benefits will be withheld or the name will be removed.
- 4. Evaluation of exam papers and other related activities will be cancelled.
- 5. Examination results will be withheld.
- 6. Opportunities will be cancelled to participate in National, international level sports and in sports events for youth.
- 7. The offender will be suspended from the hostel and will be sent out.
- 8. The offender will be suspended from attending classes for 1-4 semesters consecutively or will be suspended on par with the above period.
- 9. The offender will be expelled from the college and permission to join any other college will be cancelled.
Instructions and code of Conduct:
- 1. Students those who fail to apply for the autonomous semester exams will not be allowed to move to the higher classes.
- 2. Students should pay the prescribed amount for all the papers of the relevant autonomous, semester examinations.
- 3. Only the students who have secured above 75% of attendance will be allowed to write the semester exams. Students having 50% to 75% of attendance will be allowed to write the semester exams only on the payment of the prescribed fee.
- 4. Students who have secured below 50% of the attendance, will not be allowed to write the exams.
- 5. Students should come to college with their identity cards. Those who do not bring their identity cards will not be allowed in the campus.
- 6. Students’ using cell phones has been banned. Action will be taken against those who violate this. Also, the cell phones will be confiscated from them.
- 7. The students who fail to secure 50% attendance in their first semester cannot continue his/her programme as his/her admission will get cancelled.
- 8. Dress Code: Decency and decorum should be maintained in dressing habits. Boys has to avoid wearing T-Shirts, Jeans pants and Girls has to avoid wearing T-Shirts, Jeans pants & Boys shirts, leggings. Instead they are encouraged to wear decent churidars, half-sarees and sarees.